SSC High School Program
Give your students a unique singing and educational experience.
The Sydney Street Choir High School Workshop Program is targeted towards students aged 14-18, with a focus on three main themes; building self esteem, encouraging self-expression and empowering young people to find their inner voice, in a positive, uplifting and non-judgmental environment.
Additionally, the program aims to educate young people about the issues of mental health and homelessness.
Singing Workshop Outline:
• A presentation by the SSC Choir Director and Choir members on issues such as self-esteem, mental health, and overcoming adversity. Choir members have the chance to share their personal experiences and background.
• A Q&A session between Choir members and school students.
• A combined singing workshop in which students will learn 3 songs with the Choir members.
• If desired, an opportunity for your students and Choir members to share a meal.
• The workshop runs for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, and lunch following the workshop is expected to take 45 minutes to 1 hour.
• You have the option to have the singing workshop with specific year groups and/or classes, however must be between years 9 - 12. Note: the singing workshop takes place at your school.
This Little Light of Mine
Past school programs
Burwood Girls High School
St Paul’s College, USyd