The Street Choir board is currently seeking a Welfare Director to join the Board of the Sydney Street Choir Foundation
The Street Choir has recently expanded its social welfare assistance program to its members, and the Board of the Sydney Street Choir Foundation is looking for a suitably qualified person to join the Board as the Welfare Director.
The Welfare Director will sit on the Board of the Sydney Street Choir Foundation and will assist the Board in matters relating to the welfare of choir members, staff and volunteers and any issues that may impact the Foundation. This is a voluntary role. The Welfare Director also has legal and governance responsibilities to the Sydney Street Choir Foundation.
· To advise the board of the Sydney Street Choir Foundation on matters relating to the welfare of choir members
· Ensure that the Board is fully aware of any welfare issues or obligations affecting the choir or the Choir Foundation
· Actively participate in Board monitoring of OH & S issues
· Advise the Board on matters relating to social welfare processes and procedures
· Support the Board to ensure that any welfare training that may be required of staff and volunteers is up to date
· Ensure confidentiality is maintained
· To actively participate and contribute to Board deliberations.
· Attend in person or by phone a minimum of 3 Board meeting per year
· Assist with plans and strategies for the long-term financial benefit of the Sydney Street Choir Foundation
· Participate, if possible, in major Street Choir events such as the annual Corporate Challenge.
Skills and experience required:
· Extensive knowledge of the Social Welfare system in NSW, including government and non-government sectors
· Knowledge of issues impacting people who have experienced homelessness and/or disadvantage
· Knowledge or experience with the NDIS/NDIA
· Experience with managing staff in the welfare sector
Location: Board meetings are held virtually, however applicants based in Sydney will be preferred.
Time commitment: Approximately 20-30 hours/year
Contact: James Paul, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org